Park Remains Open from 1st November to 30th June Only
Location & History of Pench Tiger Reserve: The Pench National Park is one of the most visited & popular Tiger Reserve located in Seoni & Chhindwara District, Madhya Pradesh, India. It’s name has been derived from the “Pench River” which flows in the hills of Satpuda. It is a shared national park between Chhindwara and Seoni on Western Block & Eastern Block respectively which was established in the year 1992-93. The park has been developed in the total area of 292.85 Sq km(113.07 sq mi). Remaning area of 470 Sq km is buffer area. The total no of Tigers in this Madhya Pradesh Tiger Reserve is 19. The park is around 137 km away from the Nagpur Maharashtra which takes around 2 hours and 35 mintues to reach.
Climate & Timings: Pench National Tiger Reserve enjoys the tropical monsoonal climate. The area follows the the same climate conditions like other areas in Madhya Pradesh. The park can be visited from the Winter to Summer season but the best & recommended visit time is from March to June. The Park remains open from 1st November to 30th June only. Pench expeiences the Minimum temperature of 4 C (December) and Maximum temperature of 42 C (May).
How to Reach Pench Tiger Reserve ?
- Nagpur, Jabalpur & Chhindwara are considered to be the nearest railway stations to the Park. Nagpur & Jabalpur (Dumna Airport) are the nearest Airport.
- One may hire a Taxi or board a bus from both of the location to reach khawasa which is located on Nagpur-Jabalpur national highway.
- Tourist can enter into park through Turia gate which is 12 kms from Khawasa.
Accommodation & Charges
- Forest Rest House Karmajhiri : Charges Rs 150/ Single and Rs 200/ Double
- Forest Rest House Annexe Karmajhiri : Charges Rs 150/ Single and Rs 200/ Double
- Forest Rest House Khawasa : Charges Rs 100/ Single and Rs 200/ Double
- Rukhad Bison Retreat on NH-7 : Charges Rs 325 Per Double Suite (Rukhad is 32 kms from park)